I am a research mathematician based in Madrid; currently Profesora Ayudante Doctor (Lecturer / Assistant professor) at Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, and also member of the Instituto de Ciencias MATemáticas (Mathematical Sciences Institute).
My research is mostly in infinite group theory, particularly groups acting on trees or Cantor sets. I am interested in self-similar groups, profinite groups and more general totally disconnected locally compact groups.
Until September 2020, I was Profesora Ayudante Doctor at the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Between 2018 and early 2020, I was Postdoctoral Research Associate in the Zero-Dimensional Symmetry Group , led by George Willis, at the University of Newcastle, Australia. From 2016 to 2018, I was Alexander von Humboldt postdoctoral research fellow at the University of Düsseldorf, Germany, hosted by Benjamin Klopsch. Before that, I was Assistante Postdoctorale in Tatiana Nagnibeda's team at the University of Geneva. I completed my DPhil at the University of Oxford in July 2015, under the supervision of John Wilson and supported by Fundación "la Caixa". My undergraduate degree is from the University of St Andrews, Scotland.
PapersAll my papers and pre-prints are available on arXiv.
- (with C. Reid) Discrete locally finite full groups of Cantor set homeomorphisms, Bull. London Math. Soc. Early view. (arxiv)
- (with O. Garaialde Ocaña and B. Klopsch) Pro-p groups of positive rank gradient and Hausdorff dimension Journal of the London Mathematical Society Vol 101: (2020) pp. 1008-1040. (arxiv)
- (with J. Uria Albizuri) Pro-C congruence properties for groups of rooted tree automorphisms. Archiv der Mathematik Vol.112 (2019) pp.123–137. (arxiv)
- (with J. Uria Albizuri) Multi-GGS-groups have the congruence subgroup property. Proceedings of the Edinburgh Mathematical Society Vol.62: 3 , August 2019 , pp. 889 - 894 (arxiv)
- (with D. Francoeur) Maximal subgroups of groups of intermediate growth. Advances in Mathematics Volume 340, 15 December 2018, pp. 1067-1107 (arxiv)
- (with Y. Glasner and S. Tornier) Automorphism groups of trees: generalities and prescribed local actions. Chapter 6 in New Directions in Locally Compact Groups, Eds. P.E. Caprace and N. Monod, Cambridge University Press, 2018. (arxiv)
- (with G.A. Fernández Alcober and J. Uria Albizuri) On the congruence subgroup property for GGS-groups. Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society Vol. 145 (2017), pp. 3311-3322. (arxiv)
- On the congruence subgroup problem for branch groups. Israel Journal of Mathematics (2016) 216: 1, pp. 1--13. (arxiv)
- Abstract commensurability and the Gupta--Sidki group. Groups Geometry Dynamics 10 (2016), 523-543 (arxiv)
- (with J.S. Wilson) On subgroups of finite index in branch groups. Journal of Algebra Vol. 397 (2014), pp. 32--38. (arxiv)
2021-22: Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
- Teoría de Galois (Matemáticas / Matemáticas & Ingeniería Informática)
- Matemáticas (Biología)